This notice describes how we collect and use personal data about you, in accordance with the UK GDPR, the UK Data Protection Act 2018 and any other national implementing laws, regulations and secondary legislation, as amended or updated from time to time (“Data Protection Legislation”). Please read the following carefully to understand our practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
1. About us
For the purpose of the Data Protection Legislation and this notice, we (Valuence International UK Limited) are the ‘data controller’. (UK: ICO registration No: ZA924752) . This means that we are responsible for deciding how we hold and use personal data about you. We are required under the Data Protection Legislation to notify you of the information contained in this privacy notice. We will assist you with enquiries in relation to this privacy notice or our treatment of your personal data. Should you wish to contact us you can do so using the contact details at the end of this policy
1. Categories of Personal Data processed, legal basis and purposes of the processing
Depending on the specific services provided by the Site and used by you, on your choices and configuration of your terminal (with respect in particular to cookies and other tracers), the personal data concerning you collected and processed by Valuence International UK may include: your family name, given name, e-mail address, postal address and telephone number, your bank account details for the purposes of online sales, your past purchases, your purchase preferences and lifestyle interests, hobbies, profession/sector, anniversaries, navigation patterns as well as your connection logs. This personal data shall be collected and processed by means of your prior explicit consent, our legitimate interests, when required by the applicable laws or where it is necessary for the execution of your orders and the management of our commercial relationship (performance of a contract).
Legal basis and purposes of the processing
Your personal data shall be collected and processed by Valuence International UK under the below mentioned legal basis in order fulfil the following purposes:
Situations in which we will use your personal data in order to:
- carry out our obligations arising from any agreements entered into between you and us (which will most usually be for the provision of our products or services).
- provide you with information related to our services and activities that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, provided you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- seek your thoughts and opinions on the services we provide; and
- notify you about any changes to our products or services.
We may process your personal data for purposes necessary for the performance of our contract with you and to comply with our legal obligations.
We may process your personal data for the purposes of our own legitimate interests provided that those interests do not override any of your own interests, rights and freedoms which require the protection of personal data. This includes processing your data for marketing, business development, and statistical purposes.
We may process your personal data for certain additional purposes with your consent, and in these limited circumstances where your consent is required for the processing of your personal data then you have the right to withdraw your consent to processing for such specific purposes at any time.
We will not use your personal data to make decisions based on automated data processing without your prior consent.
Please note that we may process your personal data for more than one lawful basis depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data.
If you refuse to provide us with certain information when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have entered into with you. Alternatively, we may be unable to comply with our legal or regulatory obligations.
Your prior and explicit consent:
– during the creation of your Valuence International UK user account, your subscription to our newsletter or by means of our CRM cards, we will request your explicit consent to create a profile based on your preferences.
– in case you are not an existing Valuence International UK customer, we will request your prior and explicit consent to send you information through electronic means about our offers, news and events (including newsletters, invitations and other publications).
– we will request your consent to be able to serve you via the Live Chat option, which requires the use of functional cookies.
Change of purpose
Where we need to use your personal data for another reason, other than for the purpose for which we collected it, we will only use your personal data where that reason is compatible with the original purpose.
Should it be necessary to use your personal data for a new purpose, we will notify you and communicate the legal basis which allows us to do so before starting any new processing.
2. Data Retention
We will only retain your personal data for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it is collected. When assessing what retention period is appropriate for your personal data, we take into consideration:
- the requirements of our business and the products or services provided;
- any statutory or legal obligations;
- the purposes for which we originally collected the personal data;
- the lawful grounds on which we based our processing;
- the types of personal data we have collected;
- the amount and categories of your personal data, and
- whether the purpose of the processing could reasonably be fulfilled by other means.
3. Sharing of personal information with third parties and transferring personal data outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and the UK
Valuence International UK Limited does not rent, sell, or share your personal data with other people or non-affiliated companies except to provide goods and/or services you’ve requested, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
Where transfer and disclosure of your personal data to any third party which may be sited outside of UK, including but not limited to our affiliates, franchisees, data intermediaries, third party service providers and agents, are necessary for the conclusion or performance of the purposes of collecting your personal data, we will transfer and disclose your personal data to such third party not based in UK in accordance with the Data Protection Legislation. We shall obtain your express consent when such transfer will be made.
If we transfer your personal data to such jurisdictions outside of UK, we will take steps to ensure that your personal data continues to receive a standard of protection that is substantially similar to that provided under the UK GDPR.
4. Management organization and systems for personal information protection
A senior employee of the company is responsible for carrying out the appropriate management of personal information.
- We will maintain the accuracy of personal information and manage it safely.
- In order to prevent loss, destruction, alteration, and/or leakage of personal information, we will take necessary and appropriate measures against improper electronic access, computer viruses, etc.
- We will prevent leakage of personal information through improper employee use. We educate all our executives and employees to protect and properly manage our customer’s personal information.
- So that this policy is enacted and used appropriately, we have established a compliance program which monitors continuous performance, maintenance, and improvement.
5. Rights of access, disclosure, correction, discontinuance of use, and deletion of personal information
Each individual has the right to access, ask for disclosure, correction, discontinuance of use, and deletion of their personal information, and we will promptly comply with your request regarding these rights without argument.
Where you have provided your consent to the collection, processing, or transfer of your personal data, you have the legal right to withdraw your consent at any time without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal. To withdraw your consent, please contact our office at below.
Your duty to inform us of changes
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Should your personal information change, please notify us of any changes of which we need to be made aware by contacting us in writing.
A cookie is a small file placed on your device that allows us to recognize and remember you. We use four types of cookies (essential, performance, functionality, and advertising) to learn more about your product interests, provide you with essential features and services, and for additional purposes, including:
- Recognizing you when you sign-in to use the Valuence International UK Limited account to enable us to provide you with product recommendations and other customized features and services (such as staying logged into your account).
- Keeping track of items stored in saved carts and from your previous session.
- Preventing fraudulent activity.
- Delivering customized content.
- Your browser has settings that can allow or disallow cookies to be set on your machine. Refer to your browsers’ Help section for instructions.
7. Contacting Valuence International UK about our policy or your personal information
If you need to know more about our policy, have any concerns or complaints, or would like to make changes to your own data, please contact our office in writing.
< Personal Information Office, Valuence Japan Inc.>
|+44 20 7439 9321
|Hours of Operation
If you are unsatisfied with our response to any issues that you raise, you have the right to make a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office in the UK.